It’s widely believed that travel helps couples to stay together ad ignites new sparks of romance that might have long been dimmed. For couples who have been bored to death with stale daily routine, travelling to new exciting places will certainly be a breathe of fresh air. Among all destinations, the UNESCO protected Komodo National Park might be one of the best travelling destination for couples. Komodo is a perfect blend of beautiful sight to behold with dramatic adventure to seize. Nothing is boring in Komodo. Above is all, the trip offer one of a kind Komodo liveaboard which will bring unforgettable memories for your couple trip.
However, Komodo is a new strange place that can be quite a challenge for a trip with another person. To launch a successful couple trip in this dragon-infested destination, here are a few tips of what you can do
Plan everything down into details
Whatever the trip will be, planning is a key. Nobody wants to show up in a strange place without anything clear to do. A clean planning will give you clear travelling direction—no time waste for confusing of what to do on the day during the trip.
This planning should include:
- Whether you will go directly for the Komodo trip after landing in Labuan Bajo’s airport.
- Whether your Komodo operator/ hotel provide airport pick up or should you arrange your own.
- How much time you want to spent in Labuan Bajo before and after the trip.
- If spending a night in Labuan Bajo before or after the trip is on your planning, that means you need to book all hotel room for the needs.
- Browsing the right Komodo liveaboard that suits your travel style. Select carefully and only book liveaboard operators that looks professional and trusted. There’s a lot of scam out there who are more than ready to strip away your money.
- Create budget estimation. Thich should cover all travel expenses, liveaboard rate, entrance fee to the Komodo National Park, and meal expenses prior and after the liveaboard trip.
Backup your partner in area they lack of—and vice versa
When you have been together with your partner for so long, you would know so well in which area you and your partner usually cover each other. I, for example, am a terrible cook—but I am blessed with superior packing ability (neat, compact, and efficient) and tidying up the house. My partner, in the other hand, has almost zero ability to pack or clean up anything—but he’s such a talented cooks. He has no idea about budget management, but is extremely reliable to protect me from any threat—especially in a strange and dangerous place. So we divide the tasks based on our ability and it get our trip preparation run much smoother and efficient.
Don’t carry too much baggage
Travelling with Komodo liveaboard is very different with regular travel when, say, regular hotel-stay kind of travel. Though you have booked a special cabins, you still need to limit your baggage. You don’t want all the precious space in the cabin are completely wasted for the luggage only, do you? Beside that, remember that big loads of baggage will be much difficult to be carried in and out of the liveaboard.